Pazar, Ağustos 05, 2012

DUANE MICHALS

Enjoy this collection of some of photographes and quotes by American photographer Duane Michals.







"I beleive in the imagination. What I cannot see is infinitely more important than what I can see."





"Photography does deal with 'truth' or a kind of superficial reality better than any of the other arts, but it never questions the nature of reality - it simply reproduces reality. And what good is that when the things of real value in life are invisible?"




"The question of truth is forever in the air, and people look for it with particuler fervor in art."



"Photographers usually want to photograph facts and things. But I'm interested in the nature of the thing itself. A photograph of someone sleeping tells me nothing about their dream state: a photograph of a corpse tells me nothing about the nature of death. My work is about my life as an event, and I find myself to be very temporal, transient."




"All good work has magic in it, and addresses the mind in a subtle way."




 "To photograph reality is to photograph nothing."




















"I still find doing portraits a terrific challenge, but even though I've done hundreds of them, I've never stopped questioning the very nature of portraiture because it deals exclusively with appearances. I've never believed people are what they look like and think it's impossible to really know what people are."








"Even in the deepest love relationship - when lovers say 'I love you' to each other - we don't really know what we're saying, because  language isn't equal to the complexity of human emotions."












































Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder